Planning Help Menu

Improve where you live


Making a complaint

If you are unhappy with any aspect of how a planning application or appeal case has been handled, it is your right to lodge a complaint

How to make a complaint

  • If your complaint relates to the local authority
    • contact the Local Government Ombudsman. The Ombudsman may uphold a complaint, but a recommendation is not binding on local authorities and planning permission will not be withdrawn
  • If your complaint is about procedure at an inquiry
    • contact the Council on Tribunals
  • If your complaint is about an inspector
    • contact the chief executive at the Planning Inspectorate
  • If your complaint is about a Government department
    • contact your member of parliament to approach the Parliamentary Ombudsman
We use cookies to improve your experience on our website. If that's okay, just continue browsing - or see our cookies policy for ways to opt out.